“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Friday, October 19, 2012

I am not your typical mother

(This story ends well, don't worry)

I have some very specific rules in my house.
The first to follow the ten commandments.
The second, and no, I am not joking, is that I do NOT clean puke.
I have been a mother for 11+ years and I will do anything but clean puke.
My kids know this and Mr. Miller knows that if he wants to clean just one mess, he cleans up after the kids puke.

The other day B came home and said he didn't feel well. 
I personally thought he was trying to get out of going to karate. 
He SEEMED well enough to pester his brother and sister so I made him go and do his flyers. 
We walk in the door and 5 minutes later, he got sick.
I guess that's what I get for thinking that he was faking it.
Good thing Mr. Miller was around to clean it.

M faked sick all day yesterday. 
She often does this for attention.
B was sick and got it so she figured she would.
This morning she said she was not feeling great but honestly, had not shown one sign of being sick, so off to school she went.

I get a call at 9:45 that she puked in the classroom. 
Crap.
Mr. Miller was at work alllllllllll day long and that means that I would have to clean any messes.
My MIL went and got her since I was working (thank-you!) and when I showed up at the house she had not puked again.
I was thinking I was in the clear and that she would not puke again.
WRONG!!!
And then she learned something.
She learned how much I really do not handle puke.
(I drive for work so on days like this and she is sick, she can come with me)
After a few times of her getting sick, she realized that momma don't do well.
Then she became a terd.
She would wretch LIKE she was puking, I would FREAK out and she would laugh and say "Gotcha"
FROM A 4 YEAR OLD!!!
Seriously, I am in more trouble than I can imagine when she becomes a teenager.
She got a kick out of it.
That said, she learned how serious I am about her hitting the bucket.

I learned (again) and more importantly what amazing boys I have.
L is my 11 year old. 
He says to me "Mom, you know I have no school on Monday. If you and M are still sick, I will take care of you. You can lay down, tell me what to do and I will make you lunch"

I could not be more blessed with the 3 little miracles that have come to our home.
Even if they are terd's sometimes.

1 comment:

Krystal G said...

You do have great kids! That M sounds like a hoot! Hubs refuses to clean puke...even if it's the cats. Looks like it's my job...lol