“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Auntie Jo

It's a name I have been called for 14.5 years. I do not remember if it was a name I gave myself, or if it was one that was given to me by my niece, A. At that time in my life, I was going by Josie. It was a kind of easy name to say, but hey, Jo is easier. It is one I love to hear as much as Mom. As mom, I have to be the hard one, the one that does not always give kids their way. As "auntie Jo", I get to be the fun one, the one that gives them what they want. I only get to see them every now and then, so it is my time to let loose and have fun. I love them all so much. I love to see their successes in life. I love their develpoment.

I look at my life and when I have felt true joy. Before I became a mother, it was any moment I gt to spend with a nephew or niece. I remember the first time I met each and everyone of them. Most were VERY emotional. If any of you REALLY know me, that will not come as a surprise. The second I saw them, they slipped into my heart. So much fun and have been had since then. I marvel at how mature they are. They have gone from these little humans to now some teenagers, pre-teens and toddlers.

I hope that I always get to be "auntie Jo" no matter how old they get. It is such a fun responsibility. I really wish I could explain how much they really mean to me. I cannot. So, I spoil them. It is a title I hold high LOVE IT!!! And all my love to them all.

1 comment:

JRoberts said...

LOVE to be an auntie! You really can be the cool one, the fun one and the one that is awesome! I also love it when they get bigger and come to you with stuff. (taught my 14 year old nephew how to Text the other day!) :)

I have fond memories of my aunts being that to me (still are) and are closer than some friends...I want to be that to my nieces and nephews!