“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

9 months

9 months is usually how long a woman is pregnant for. 
It's funny because when you are pregnant it seems to take FOREVER to get to the end.
I have been pregnant 4 times and have 3 beautiful children.
I remember sometimes in each of my pregnancies just wanting to be DONE.
Thinking this was taking forever.

This is a different 9 months. 
It's 9 months since I gave up the one drink I loved, craved and woke up thinking about (no jokes)
DIET COKE!
I know it seems weird to compare it to pregnancy but really, that's the only other 9 month accomplishment that I have, so that's what I compare it to.

There were times I really wanted another DC. 
Like would have given an arm or leg for it, especially if it was a vanilla DC from 7/11.
BUT, when I took the time to sit down and figure out WHY I wanted one, I was able to talk myself out of it.
Usually it was "I am so tired and need me a pick up" or "I just have SO much stress I just need to relax" or "Oh man, that just ticked me off, I want a DC"
I know, not really good excuses but all what I did before.
I was thinking back to before I gave up DC.
I was lucky if I had a glass of water a day (I know, sick eh?)
My main form of liquid was DC. 

When I look back to the 9 months I am glad I gave it up. I realized that I CAN make changes in my life, I CAN do hard things, I CAN change the way I eat/drink.

I didn't know what I was going to do when I first gave it up, first it was just until Christmas and then I have just kept extending it.
I think I am done for good. 
Now to give up pop as a whole. 
Maybe.

1 comment:

JRoberts said...

YAY! It is a great accomplishment.

Congratulations Joce. Giving up an addiction is a HUGE step.