“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

making rules

So when I think of making rules, I think often that rules don't apply to me. Why I feel like I should be exempt I do not know. It's not like I deserve to have no rules, just don't really make rules for myself. 

This year I have my boys in school all day and M goes 2 afternoons a week so I have about 2.5 hours by myself. At first I was sad because I love having her around. She is a great kid and I love to have her help me out! So I decided that since all the kids would be gone, I need to give myself rules. 
1. no computer UNLESS it's a very specific project. 
2. no phone calling
3. no texting
4. no t.v
I want to be able to have quiet time to myself. I may go for a massage or go do something little for myself or I may just clean to keep busy. But I don't want distractions. I used to do morning papers and used that time to really meditate and think about the day. I have stopped doing that and miss it. It was nice to just have time to think about things and not have distractions. 

Now I get to go back to it.

2 comments:

JRoberts said...

Rules are like lists right??! I love lists!

I think that having the guidelines to how much and how often is a great idea. Good luck.

Kimara said...

I have to have rules too or I just don't get things done! I have given myself a weekly cleaning schedule and a monthly one as well! I need to stop wasting so much time! Good for you. Stick to it!