“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

cute little dress and a few other things.

So, last night I learned to make a dress, Thanks Mary.
It is SO cute.
It's called a pillowcase dress.
I think the only way M would like it is if I made it out of spiderman or pokemon.
What a tomboy.
Here are a few pics.

See, grumpy as all heck.
Then she gets out of the dress, puts on her brothers clothes and she is just fine.
Don't get it.

Here is my fave time of the day with just her.


Do you see what she is holding?

She is talking to the baby Jesus we have on our dresser.
We got given a manger scene at Christmas by a lady in our ward.
L set it up and didn't want it taken down.
Now M HAS to hold it, every day as I do her hair.
She sits there and tells him how much she loves him.
That she misses him.
Gives him kisses.
I love it, it is such a tender time.
About the only time she really sits still.
So, we keep the manger scene up.
I think it is wonderful to be reminded year round of our Saviour's birth.

Here is my kids first thing in the morning.

I know, their hair is horrible.
The deal with them is as long as they do not complain as I do their hair they can grow it.
The day they complain is the day it gets shaved.
Can you tell we have no complaining.
I prefer short hair but they can keep it long as long as their is no complaining.
I know the pic does not seem like much but it brings me fun memories of when I was a kid.
The kids are sitting over a heat register.
I remember sitting on a heat register and pulling my nightgown over my legs to trap the heat.
I think it's so fun that they are now sitting on the register.
I just love these 3 little peeps! SO much fun.


1 comment:

JRoberts said...

It would be super easy to turn one of those pokemon or spidermen tees into a cute little dress. If you could sew one of these little dresses, I could totally show you how to sew one with a tee. I have been making them for Cyera and they are fun and easy. (takes me about an hour or so to make one in her size and that includes planning it all out)