“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

On me and working

I have always had a job since I have been married. 
Actually since I was 14 and started work at the local Dairy Queen.
Technically 11 if you count me working my paper route.
I had a bit of time off for mat leave and moving leave but really, I have worked most of the time since we have been married. 

I have always considered myself fortunate to have a job where I can work around my childrens schedule and bring them to work with me if they are sick.
I have worked as a night auditor at a hotel (SCARY!), for a courier service, as an apartment manager, cleaning doctor's offices and as a contractor.

At the beginning of July, I felt like I should quit my job.
I spoke to the Mr. about it and he said if I could find another job I could quit. 
I was going in for surgery so who was going to hire me?
In September, I felt again like I should quit my job.
I was concerned about finances.
Then L told me he was not going back to school and asked me to homeschool him.
I talked to the Mr. again and got the same response. 

I was so busy trying to teach in the day and do my work in the evening.
I looked for an odd job here and there and just could not find something that fit me and what times I could work (after school)

In October, I felt the feelings stronger. 
I could not only feel like I should quit, I could feel in my heart my kids saying to me 
"Mom, I need you, all of you, not the working you."
I could hear their voices saying to me that they needed me to be home more.

I was nervous to quit my job.
It has been a great job and the income has really helped us with our financial goals.
I talked to the Mr. again and he said the same thing.

Christmas time is a busy time for my job.
THE busiest. 
I was out working one day and called the Mr. to help me finish my job. 
There was no way I could do it all on my own.
He came to help, not at all happy to be there helping.
He was frustrated and in that frustration, I got an answer to prayers. 
He looked at me and said "I want you to quit your job!"
I looked at him and said, "DONE!"

I am so grateful that I KNOW I need to be done work.
When I look at it, my kids DO need me, ALL of me.
They need my attention to be with THEM, ALL of them.
They need me to be available to help out with school work, shuttle them here and there, be a mom to them and sit and talk all night, not to be pre-occupied with work. 


The night I went in and gave my boss notice I was tucking my favorite 1 year old in.
He rolls over and snuggles into me and says, "Mom, thank-you for quitting you job for me."

I know this means changes in my life, and almost all for the better! 
The thing I am most nervous about is our budget BUT I know I am doing what the Lord wants me to do. 
I know we will be okay.
I am grateful for Mr. M and his hard work in a difficult job.


I GET TO BE A 100% STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!
Three cheers!

No comments: