“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Did any of you give birth to Fish's? I did!

Okay, so at the beginning of the summer, L was pretty confident. M and B, not so much. B would not even go in the big pool even though he could touch. M was stuck at my side in the water. It drove me crazy because I want them to be confident in the water. I am SO NOT confident. Pools scare the heck out of me. And it's not just the fact that I have to get into a bathing suit. 

So I want for my kids what I don't have BUT I want them to earn the confidence in the water. We live a 5 minute walk from the outdoor pool in our community. In the summer time we spend a lot of time there. Mr. M is so good with them in the water. I just am there for support. 

L man in the pool during lessons. He LOVES these goggles

L man going off the diving board. I love the "action" in this shot!
B boy in the pool during lessons. 

In the deep end. He will only be there with a life jacket. Hey, I am just happy he will go in the deep end!

M and how she spends her time in the deep end. She will go off the low diving board and just keep jumping in a million times. I am so glad she is confident.

What's this???? M getting ready to go off the deep end!

SHE IS 3!!!!!!!
I love this shot! She jumped twice and loved it.

I am so proud of all of my kids!



2 comments:

JRoberts said...

We have loved the outdoor pools this summer. It has been so nice and hot that it makes swimming outside a pleasure.

(and I LOL'ed @ your bathing suit comment! I am just now getting to the point where I am mostly not self-concious of my bathing suited self...mostly. :D)

Jenn said...

my mom told me all about M going off the high board...what a brave girl!