“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

100 days of HAPPINESS!!!

On Sunday, I was reading my patriarchal blessing. In it, it tells me "You have been blessed with a spirit of optimism and the ability to share it with others." Sometimes in life, we forget what talents we have been blessed with and need to work really hard to develop those talents. I kind of forgot that for a while and was a tad bit grumpy. I am determined to bring my happy place back! I seriously love all things GOOD and HAPPY! 

Yesterday my friend posted a link to this website and I thought, "This is a blessing in my life, I am so going to do this!" So today begins my 100 days where I am really focusing on being happy. Then, this happens.

This morning I am HAPPY to have a son with an amazing sense of humor. The other night I was laying in bed almost ready to go to sleep and his ipod starts ringing its tune indicating he has an imessage from my sister (rule is if they want an ipod, it stays in my room at night, even though they bought of themselves) I laughed and the next morning reminded him that yes, the ipod is supposed to be in my room but the sound is supposed to be off. "got it mom, sorry about that one" he says. Then later on in the night he asks me "Mom, what time do you wake up in the morning?" Me, "oh about 7:30." He walks away with a smile. This morning I find out why. At 7:29 his alarm on his ipod in my room goes off to the song on his ipod that I find to be the most annoying. I love him! I laughed so hard! #100daysofhappy

I am blessed beyond blessed to be a mom. L has worked really hard to find a happy place in his life. I am proud of him for finding joy! For choosing it really. It is something I have watched him learn to develop. I love him so much and I am grateful for him.

No comments: