“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

L man

I had the opportunity to hang with L the other day.
He is 10 years old and it's not always cool to spend time with your mom.
But it totally rocked!
He loved it but I am pretty sure I loved it more.

L had a retainer about 2 years ago so he occasionally goes back to the orthodontist for a check-up.
The other kids were at school.
I love moments like this that give me the opportunity to spend one on one time with each of the kids.
I often feel like I ripped L off of time when he was a baby because I had B so soon and then had a wicked post-pardum depression.
We have had to learn to work together but I am grateful for his patience with me.

He is so fun and relaxed when it's just us.
His humor is just amazing.
He was running around and being a little bit crazy and he said "I know mom, you are going to want to wrap my mouth up in duct tape!
I am so grateful for times like this that we just love to hang.
(I am really glad I am still cool enough to hang with him!)

1 comment:

JRoberts said...

I am so thankful that even my almost 13 yo still thinks it is cool to "hang" with his mom too. What a blessing our children are in our lives.